We invite you to step behind the scenes and learn how we build, transport, and install our manufactured homes. Honesty, teamwork, and excellence are some of our core values at Prestige Home Centers, and we want to display that to you through an in-depth explanation of our manufacturing process.
Nobility Homes represents the professionals whose focus is on manufacturing high-quality manufactured and modular homes. They have provided housing for over 55,000 families since 1967. At Prestige, we finalize the home-buying process by specializing in ensuring you find the right home for you and your family’s needs.
Check out this walkthrough series for a visual look at how our homes are made.
How Prestige-Manufactured Homes Are Built
One of the benefits of choosing Nobility Homes as your manufacturer is that we build all parts of our houses separately. This allows us to ensure the quality of each piece before it is assembled, unlike a site-built house.
Our factory team is made up of specialists who meticulously refine their craft, dedicating their skill sets to the construction of individual components that form your home. Here is an overview of our creation and assembly process for various integral parts that make up a Nobility Home:
- Floors: You can rest assured knowing that all of our floors are three-quarter inch thick tongue and groove decking. This helps eliminate irritating, squeaky floors and provides you the support you need for your piano, pool table, or gun safe. We also sand our flooring before attaching vinyl to ensure maximum comfort.
- Plumbing: Our expert plumbing team ensures your bath fixtures and kitchen appliances run efficiently and leak-free.
- Sidewall: Our exterior walls are hoisted in one piece and secured to the side of the house using three-inch screws. Every home we build has drywall on the walls and ceiling, like most site-built houses.
- Electrical: All of our wiring is copper. There is no aluminum wiring in our homes. Our electrical team focuses on making sure your home is wired correctly so there are no shorts or overloaded breakers. We adhere to the National Electrical Code, which is the same as site-built houses. We install metal plates over electrical wires in our exterior walls and a metal sleeve around the wire as it goes through the stud on the exterior walls, so you can drill a hole to hang your family photos without fear of pinching a wire!
- Insulation: All insulation that we use in the attic is glass wool blend and blown-in, making cooling and heating less expensive. We can provide up to R40 insulation, which is 11 inches thick! Our insulation in the floor and walls is a wool fiberglass batt insulation.
- Roof: Our drywall ceilings are adhered from the inside out, so there are no pesky nail holes in your ceiling. We also double the first two and last two rafters on every home, increasing the strength of the roof. (This is especially important for protection from high winds in Florida’s Wind Zone 3.)
- Covered Porches: People often move to Florida to spend as much time outside as possible. We accommodate this desire by building decks and covered porches. Our porches are made of composite decking using hidden fasteners, not screws down through wooden deck boards. We do not use raw wood that gets damaged outdoors and requires a lot of maintenance. This helps to ensure a low-maintenance, clean finish.
Appliances and cabinet doors are the last internal pieces to be installed before the house is ready for comprehensive quality checks. Our quality control department performs electrical and plumbing checks before the house leaves to ensure it is in optimal condition when delivered to the homeowner. Once your home is fully built, and you have performed a walkthrough with your Prestige Home Centers representative to ensure it is in perfect condition for delivery, your home is transported to your home site.
How Prestige-Manufactured Homes Are Transported
We secure all our walls with screws, not nails. This is important in ensuring the home is secure during transportation, as screws provide greater strength than nails. When you purchase a Nobility Home from Prestige, you can forgo the expensive freight and inventory costs associated with shipping a manufactured home. We ship your home directly from the manufacturer to you.
Our transportation team is careful to ensure your home avoids hazardous road factors while in transportation — such as low clearance heights or steep hills. When you choose Prestige, we deliver your new home directly to the land it will sit on.
To learn more about how we deliver modular homes, check out this blog.
How Prestige-Manufactured Homes Are Installed
A lot goes into the installation process before the home is ever delivered. Our site preparation crews will ensure that your home is in an ideal location, taking into account drainage considerations and leveling where necessary.
We can then prepare your home’s foundation pad and cover it with a vapor barrier. Now that the foundation is established, the home crew verifies that all parts have arrived, and installation begins. We can use this time to seal any stress cracks that the home may have incurred due to external factors while traveling.
To set up your new home, our installation teams will use cranes or a jack-and-rolling system to place it on the foundation. They will ensure the home’s weight is evenly distributed and secure it to the ground with tie-downs for safety, especially against strong winds.
Our comprehensive installation process includes (in most cases):
- Electrical connection
- Water connection
- Sewer connection
Finally, we’ll inspect the installation to make sure it complies with the state of Florida installation requirements.
Choosing Nobility Homes as your manufacturer gives you the option to choose field-finish drywall and paint. We will send a crew out to finish the drywall and paint your house on-site! After the on-site construction is complete, we coordinate on your behalf with the local government agencies to schedule the inspections and obtain the Certificate of Occupancy for you. This is what you will need to get the power turned on in your new home.
Come See Our High-Quality Manufactured Homes for Yourself
Prestige Homes is a vertically integrated company. We build, sell, insure, and finance homes for the buyer. This complete operation allows us a higher level of quality control from start to finish while maintaining affordable pricing.
At Prestige Home Centers, we build modular, single-wide, double-wide, triple-wide, and quadruple-wide homes. Come visit your local home center to view our homes in person, learn more about our process, and start your home journey. Tell us what you have in mind, and we’ll show you a floor plan that meets your needs!